School of Business Entrepreneurship Workshops
The Entrepreneurship Workshops are designed to expose students to local entrepreneurs, the process of developing a business from an idea, developing a business plan from an idea, and are open to students who want to learn more about starting a business in Kentucky.
** BTC 300 credit is given for attendance. Please check BTC 300 Blackboard sites**
Days / Dates: Wednesday’s, October 19, November 9, and November 30
Time: 4:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Location: Business & Technology Center Auditorium, BTC 049 (Lake Level)
To Register/Sign up:
See Cassie Williams in BTC 147 (CEDET office), email@example.com
10/19/11 – Secrets of an Entrepreneur
This workshop will introduce three local entrepreneurs and detail how they have built a successful business enterprise including:
- How did they develop the idea and business plan
- How they funded their start-up business.
- What are they doing in a tough economy to stay competitive
- What tips would they offer students that want to start a business.
11/9/11 – Identifying and Exploring Business Opportunities (What’s your BIG Idea?)
Bring your business ideas to this workshop and we will explore the potential that exists for your idea to become a business including:
- What is a good idea vs. a bad idea for a business?
- Is your idea unique and should it be protected? Intellectual Property vs. Patents
- How do you recruit other students or friends to help your idea become a business?
11/30/11 – Developing Your Idea into a Business Plan
This workshop will introduce students to the process of developing a business plan from an idea including:
- What are the components of a business plan
- What is a good business plan versus a bad business plan
- Why a business plan is important
Ms. Cassie Williams
Published on August 19, 2011